These are the top ten singles from eleven years ago this week:
- Sohodolls – My Vampire
- Dragonette – I Get Around
- Groove Armada feat. Stush – Get Down
- Jean-Michel Jarre – Téo & Téa
- Client – Drive
- Onetwo – Cloud Nine
- Air – Once Upon a Time
- Faithless – Music Matters
- Erasure – I Could Fall in Love with You
- Client – Lights Go Out
Dragonette seem to like giving away free stuff, but unfortunately they’re mainly fairly dull remixes, so it’s difficult to know what to recommend. Let’s go with this remix of Live in This City.
More at RCRD LBL here.
I’m going to refrain from asking “July already?” because that’s pretty self-evident, but July is a rather special month for this blog. Why? Well, because this month we celebrate the first anniversary of Music for stowaways. A whole year! Three hundred and sixty five posts (well, nearly).
So not only will we include a little celebration of this anniversary, but also:
- New reviews of new albums from The Presets and I Monster
- The last few freebies from Dragonette and others
- Reviews of oldies from Yazoo, Apollo 440 and The Future Sound of London
- Another playlist full of electronic gems
- Plus the usual previews, live highlights, charts, and much, much more
Toronto band Dragonette may have only had a couple of hits that you’ve heard of, but they’re extremely good live. I first saw them perform in 2010, and by the time I next saw them earlier this year they seemed to have also become inexpressibly cool.
According to Songkick you can catch Dragonette across the USA in September and Canada in October.