With the start of the lockdown, March was a quiet month, with Pet Shop Boys solidifying their grasp on the upper reaches of the charts. Hotspot held onto the top of the album chart for the whole month, and Monkey business, Will-o-the-wisp, Musik, Dreamland, and Happy people all performed well on the single chart. Opportunities (Let’s make lots of money) even poked its head onto the Catalogue Singles chart briefly.
The Beloved continued to perform well too, with Where it Is following at number 2 for the whole month, a firm grip onto the top end of the Catalogue Singles with Forever Dancing and If Only, and Grin even grabbing the number one spot on the singles chart for a couple of weeks.
Other than that, things were really very quiet, with Depeche Mode and Air throwing occasional re-entries into the lower reaches of the Catalogue Singles, Albums, and Artists charts, and the odd new entry here and there. Here are the singles from 21st March:
- Pet Shop Boys – Will-o-the-wisp
- The Beloved – Grin
- Frances Barber & Pet Shop Boys – Musik (Original Cast Recording) – EP
- Pet Shop Boys – Monkey Business
- Pet Shop Boys – Happy people
And here are the albums:
- Pet Shop Boys – Hotspot
- The Beloved – Where it Is
- Sparks – Past Tense – The Best Of
- Caribou – Suddenly
- Sparks – Gratuitous Sax & Senseless Violins