In what is, slightly ironically, the 2,019th post on this blog, let’s take a few moments to look back at the last year, a year which included:
- As mentioned above, we passed our 2,000th post in the six-and-a-half year history of this blog. We’ve reviewed over 400 releases during that time!
- Another five Stowaway Heroes
- Detailed looks back at the histories of the NME and Ivor Novello Awards
- Dubstar‘s long-awaited comeback, with their first new material in 18 years
- Another two new albums by Jean-Michel Jarre, who appears to have entered the most prolific period in his career
- Also two albums by Erasure – remix album World Beyond and questionably named live album World Be Live
- Great new albums from The Future Sound of London and Tracey Thorn